Thursday, 29 October 2009
Friday, 23 October 2009
MaXFactor 'Lasting Perfomance' in shade 100 to cover blemishes.
Prestige 'Skinlovin Mineral Powder' in shade Fair
Body Shop brilliance powder in Bronze to contour cheeks
UDPP as base
A Primark/Opia pigment in grey/silver (no name) on eyelid
A Primark/Opia pigment in black (no name) in crease
E.L.F. mineral eyeshadow in 'Seductive' on outer V
The white from an Avon 'eye artist' trio under brow as a highlight.
Mascara- MaXFactor "S-T-R-E-T-C-H"
E.L.F. False Eyelashes in 'Dramatic' with Ruby&Millie 'iLash Fix' glue
E.L.F. Liquid liner in Black, winged for a cat eye effect
BodyShop Black eyeliner on waterline
E.L.F. lipliner in 'Natural Blush' to draw the cat nose outline.
E.L.F. Nail Polish in Gum Pink brushed to fill in the outline. Leave until nearly dry.
Barry M Dazzle Dust #58 "Candy" patted over the nail varnish for the light pink colour
Whiskers: Body shop eyeliner in black
Blood: Stargazer Lip Gloss in Red (SO pigmented!)
Lips: Gosh Darling
Nails: 17 Fast Finish polish in 'Nightshade'
Any questions about the products used etc then just ask.
Sunday, 18 October 2009
Ok, so you're probably thinking: "Cute toast? How can toast be cute?!" Observe:
Thursday, 8 October 2009
And now the details:
- L'oreal 'Studio Secrets' smoothing resurfacing primer (will feature in an upcoming post).
- MaxFactor Lasting Performance Foundation in shade 100-Fair dotted over blemishes
- Gosh - Touch Up Concealer under eyes in shade 1.
- Prestige SkinLoving Minerals Mineral Powder Foundation in shade 01-Fair and 'Gentle Finish'. I usually use BareEscentuals mineral powder foundation in 'Fairly Light' but have ran out recently and Prestige is my drugstore (cheaper) equivalent!
- The Body Shop Brilliance Powder in the bronze shade dusted over cheeks, forehead etc as a highlighter.
- Urban Decay Primer Potion (only recently got this and LOVE it (will feature in an upcoming post)
- BeautyUk -Yellow eyeshadow from the number '2' palette - (The bright palette) on the inner corners of the eye
- Barry M DazzleDust no# '76 - Yellow' blended on the lid to the outer corners
- Barry M DazzleDust no# '12 - White' from crease up to the brow as a highlighter.
- Natural Collection Liquid Eye Lines in 'Black' flicked out at the corner of the eyes to get the 'cat eye' effect.
- Virgin Vie "Dream Lashes' Volumising Mascara
- E.L.F. Eyebrow Kit to darken and define eyebrows in shade 'dark'.
Lips: Originally used:
- Maybelline's 112 - Ambre Rose lipstick but felt it wasn't light enough for the overal look I so applied:
- L'oreal Glam Shine MoonLight in 101 - 'Pink Moon' over the top, which is a really nice light pink.
Earrings are from ebay (I can link you to the seller if you wanted) and the Daisy hair clip is from Primark.
And there you have it. My first Face of the Day (FOTD). I'm kinda scared you'll all hate it as it's my first FOTD and the liquid eyeliner was a nightmare! But i tried and I'm learning :) Areas I still struggle with are covering blemishes and eyeliner! Any comments or tips welcome!
Also, It looks better in real life than it does in the photos. The white shade is a lot more visible in real life but didn't show up very well in the photos. And sorry about the lines on my face in the photos, it's the shadows from the window blinds! I look like some sort of crazy zebra-girl lol! I'll have to learn how to use my camera better.
PS. Sorry for the lack of blog posts. I had been staying at relatives for a few months but I am finally back home and back to all my own things and my MAKEUP. Although I bought quite a lot while I was away too.....oops ;) So I plan to blog more regularly now anyway.
Oh and here is a Daisy mirror-compact that I have (it's from Next but I got it ages ago). If I like something, I always tend to collect little bits and pieces related to it. For example, if I start liking 'cupcakes', I'll buy cupcake mirrors, cupcake accessories, cupcake towels etc. Then the next week I'm like..."oooh I like Cherries"....so i start buying mirrors with cherries on, bags with cherries on, cherry accessories etc. Then I'll see a rainbow and be like "Oooh that's nice"....and start buying rainbow things......AND SO ON.
So, What do you think of my daisy-inspired look and do you start collecting jewellery and items related to things you like lol?