Monday 31 October 2011

Happy Halloween 2011 everyone!




These decorations are from Poundland but I think they look très cute and spooky!




Oogie Boogie from The Nightmare Before Christmas



Jack Skellington from The Nightmare Before Christmas


Jack Skellington and Ooogie Boogie from Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas


My boyfriend Will carved these pumpkins and they came out absolutely awesome!

They were done by attaching pumpkin stencil patterns over the pumpkin and poking holes through to trace the pattern. You then remove the template and carry on by hand carving the pattern. Stenicls are a great way to make your pumpkins look professional and if you google you can find probably almost any template you wanted. They still require a lot of skill though and perhaps a natural artistic flare as I know if I had attempted it myself they would have looked terrible lol!

An update on me: Me and my boyfriend Will moved to Birmingham from Scotland just over one year ago for his new job. I think it's a great place with a lot to do and we live in a lovely little flat by the canal. I am currently volunteering at a vegetarian cafe and enjoying contributing to something I believe in. We also have our first pet, a sweet hamster called Abe who I will definitely introduce at some point.

 I think I will get back in to blogging at some point soon. I wanted to blog about my kitchen so I expect that post will be next! I can't even see if I still have any followers as the box won't load for me but if anyone is reading this then HELLO and

I only came on here quickly to share these pumpkins to help people searching for pumpkins next year so I havn't looked at any one elses posts, how would I begin catching up on a year's worth of posts LOL? So if anyone wants to share there Halloween with me then comment below.

Again, Happy Halloween 2011 everyone and stay safe!


Lu. xXx




0 comments: