I'd like to start by saying a combined 'Thanks!' and 'Sorry I've taken so long' to all the awesome people who have given me tags/awards for my blog :) I really do appreciate them. It's like getting a little Blog-Oscar or something :) To start us off, I was tagged by the lovely LaurenRoseParis, so here are my:
Multi-coloured twinkly lights create such a warm and magical atmosphere.
The sound of rain on windows/roofs
I utterly love that sound. There's something I find comforting about it. Am I alone in this?
2.It's old but it's good and so magical. Lollipops that make kids fly!
3.A total classic which I'll treasure forever. Follow little Ralphie in his quest to get his perfect Christmas present which just so happens to be "an official Red Ryder Carbine-action 200-shot range model air rifle with a compass in the stock and a thing that tells the time!" So many hillarious and iconic scenes, the tongue stuck to the flagpole, the 'leg lamp', the pink bunny suit and best of all....."Oh my god I shot my eye out!".
What movies make you feel christmassy?
I have so many coats/hats/scarves/gloves etc. I buy loads every year but this year I decided to not buy any and show some love to my already neglected winter wardrobe :)
I know a lot of people say they love Christmas adverts and while I love the Coca Cola Christmas advert as much as the next person, I get annoyed with the rest of the Christmas ads. Nearly everything says ‘The perfect gift for christmas’ after it. It can't all be the perfect gift for everyone can it grrrr!
Christmas Collections Selling Out
I really wanted Pearl Lowe's Red Lace Dress which was part of a new collection she designed for 'Peacocks' stores. It really reminds me of Chuck's red lace dress from Pushing Daisies (one of my favourite shows). I adore Chuck's whole wardrobe and was really excited to find a similar dress. But I got my dates mixed up for the launch day and when I went to Peacocks a couple of Days later there were none left :( They sold out within hours apparently and they are going for double (or more) the price on ebay!. Totally gutted!
♥ Pearl Lowe's Red Lace Dress ♥ ♥ Chuck from Pushing Daisies ♥
What are your Winter Ins and Outs? I tag everyone :)
Next is the 'Honest Scrap' tag/award from the lovely Wendy in which I have to tell you 10 honest things about me! So here goes:
1. I LOVE food! Kate Moss was recently under fire for saying ‘Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels’. She must be eating the wrong things! There is so many wonderful foods/cuisines/tastes out there and I think it’s sad if people would rather starve than enjoy their food especially given that many people of the world are genuinely starving. Food is something we have to eat everyday, we might aswell enjoy it. I see it as a pleasure rather than a chore. Good food and tastes make me happy :)
2. I’m kinda addicted to Pizza. It might be because I was also addicted to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles when I was younger?! On a side note – who was your favourite turtle? Mine was always Raphael. I know he’s kinda the serious one but I just loved his witty and sarcastic streak. Anyway, enough about turtles........Pizza leads me onto my next thing.
3. I kinda love Cheese! I like to try all different types and love looking at the deli bits in the supermarket. Currently loving Mexican cheese (with pepper/jalepenos in it). I know it’s bad for me...which leads me onto my next thing.
4. I’ve never been entirely happy with my weight. I do diet but I don’t starve myself.
5. I love Disney (especially the 'Classic' range). My favourite is Beauty and the Beast. Oddly though, I don’t like ‘Chick Flicks’ but I do like fairytale romances like Disney and 'Penelope' and 'Enchanted' and Tim Burton (esque) romances like Jack&Sally, Ned and Chuck and Romeo and Juliet!
6. I want to be a ninja! Or a spy! Or a masked Crusader. Or a Pirate! I know it’s unrealistic (duh!) but i’ve always loved stuff like that.
7. I wouldn't say I'M scared of heights but my LEGS are! It's weird, my legs physically don't work properly at heights. Even if I don't feel scared, my legs go like jelly. The worst ever is if I have to walk on see-through floors or stairs with gaps in etc. Stupid legs!
8. I can’t draw. I’m so jealous of people who can and I love art and seeing other people’s talent. Seriously, the best I can manage is stick figures. Not fair!
9. I'm too scared to learn to drive at the moment but hoping I will get round to it in the future.
10. I know I have a blog about beauty etc but I pride myself on not being ‘shallow’ or ‘superficial’ where it counts. I can see BEYOND looks! I've seen people on twitter calling other bloggers ‘Ugly’ and to be honest, they make me sick. I'm so open-minded and understanding of all people and I hate to see people being bullied. I will always stand up for people and do the right thing, even if I’m in a minority of one! I hope that doesn’t sound too pretentious but it’s true. I'm not here to just be 'one of the popular people'.
I tag anyone who wants to be honest!
I tag anyone who wants to be honest!
My most recent Award is the "I Love Your Blog' award which I have received at the same time from the equally fabulous Tanya and Small Town Gal and Bicky <---- Go check out their blogs!
Thanks very much girlies, much appreciated and I'm genuinely thrilled to see some people like my blog lol! I have to tag some of my fave bloggers for this award. In no particular order.
1.Laurenroseparis <----Lovely chica, pretty blog.
2.Foshoozley <-----awesome wee bud.
3.Bicky <----- Fabulous, helpful lovely blogger. I tag you back haha ;) + I also tag back the lovely Tanya. Kinda pointless but both of you just know that I love your blogs anyway hehe.
4. Tinkinmycloset <---This is one of the only fashion blogs I follow. In the words of Mcfly - "Not into fashion but I love the clothes she wears!". She's a real life Tinkerbell :)
5. StyleFashionVintageBaby <----Another blog more focused on clothes. I like her style :)
6. TheSecretDiaryofaCakeGirl <---Just recently found this girl, but I like her!
7. AliceinaNewWonderland <---Pretty and lovely Italian blogger
9. MakeUptoMakeOut <----awesome lady with cool reviews
10. RottenOtter'sThoughts <----- Friendly, lovely blogger :)
*edit There was a lot more people on this list but I've removed those who blatantly ignored me yet continued doing tags from other people. Not worth my blog space :)
I have loads more favourites (including a lot of the well known 'gurus' who you all probs follow anyway, so sorry I can't fit everyone in! I just went through the list I follow and picked out the people who I either talk or comment on their blogs most I guess. But I stalk alot of you silently hehe!
I was also award the 'Beautiful blogger award' by LaurenRoseParis and RottenOttersThoughts. Thankyou!
I have to tell you 7 interesting things about myself. I can't guarantee these will interest you but here goes:
1. I've always loved animals and have been a vegetarian since I was 10.
2. I love movies and have a thing for 80's classics in particular including Labyrinth, The Goonies, The Lost Boys, Ferris Bueller's Day Off etc etc. R.I.P. John Hughes!
3. I said earlier I always like to try different foods, well i’m the same with beauty products. Even if I find one that 'works', I can't help but try other things that catch my eye, just incase I'm missing out hehe!
4. I’m such a dreamer and have a wild imagination. My dreams are nearly always amazing, I can dream about flying, being in submarines, dinosaurs etc and I can smell and taste in my dreams too and i’m so grateful for it as my bf says he can't do any of that stuff in his dreams :-p
5. I love Tim Burton. I would love to live in a world created by Tim Burton.
6. I love space. I love the stars. I love the universe. I think that with ‘Space’ as infinitely big as it is, there just must be more life out there.
7. It's the 'little things' that make me happy :) Including people reading my blog. So thanks for reading guys and dolls and if you got this far then give yourselves a pat on the back and be entertained by this dancing banana! (You deserve it!)
Thanks again for the tags/awards!
I would also like to add in a BIG thankyou to Lauren, Sharon and Emma as I won a contest awhile ago which they held together and received a cute 'girl-2-go' mini makeup set and a gorgeous bow makeup bag. Thanks very much ladies!